July: LAGUNDI & OREGANO TEA
Illustration: Lagundi & Oregano
Traditionally, lagundi and oregano have been used to soothe sore throat. Their analgesic, expectorant, and antihistamine qualities make them idea for treating coughs, and even headaches. Take this tea when you start to feel a slight tickle in your throat, especially during the rainy season.
- Lagundi Leaves
- Oregano Leaves
- Juice of 1 Calamansi
- Sweetener or Honey
- Get 4 stems of compound leaves from the lagundi plant.
- Remove the leaves from the stems and place them in a bowl.
- Rinse the leaves thrice.
- In a pot, add the leaves and add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil
- Strain the tea, and pour into a cup.
- Take a handful of oregano leaves. Using a mortar & pestle, pound of the oregano leaves. Strain the juice out, and transfer to a glass.
- Add the juice into the tea.
- Squeeze in the juice of 1 calamansi fruit. Add your choice of sweetener or honey to taste.
- Serve and drink while tea is warm.
Illustration, Pattern and Recipe by Alessandra Lanot | LifeAfterBreakfast.ph