October: CAMOTE TOPS AND TURMERIC TEA
Illustration: Camote Tops
Camote tops are the leaves of the sweet potato plant. They are also known as talbos ng kamote, and the leaves are used as vegetables in some traditional Filipino dishes. The leaves are rich in antioxidants that can boost one’s immune system. Making the tea is simple!
- A handful of fresh Camote tops
- A knob of turmeric, chopped
- 2 cups of Water
- 2 Calamansi fruit
- Honey and Lemon wedges for serving
- Wash the leaves, turmeric, and calamansi.
- Chop the turmeric, and boil the leaves in 2 cups of water.
- Strain the tea, and pour into a glass.
- Slice the calamansi in half, and squeeze the juice out. Add the calamansi into the drink
- Add some ice cubes, and serve! Store the rest of the tea in the refrigerator and keep for up to 2 days.
Illustration, Pattern and Recipe by Alessandra Lanot | LifeAfterBreakfast.ph