September: BLUE TERNATE & LEMON TEA
Illustration: Blue Ternate/Butterfly Pea Flower
Blue tea is made from the flowers of of the Ternate shrub, also known as Butterfly Pea. It has wonderful health benefits such as facilitating digestion, detoxifying the body, pacifying the mind, improving skin texture and hair growth, and overall uplifting one’s mood. Blue tea is easy to prepare, and the color change makes it so fun!
- A handful of fresh Blue Ternate Flowers
- A few stalks of dried lemongrass
- 4 cups of Water
- Honey and Lemon wedges for serving
- In a pot, boil the flower petals and lemongrass in water for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea, and pour into glass cups.
- Serve with a side of honey and lemon wedge.
- Squeeze lemon into the blue tea, and watch the color turn to purple!